Dear AMA Students and Families,
At the Academy of Martial Arts, your personal health and safety are always our primary objective. As we continue to monitor developments around the world, we want to provide you with an update.
These are some of our standard practices which we have intensified.
- All staff members wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before classes, in between classes and as needed throughout the day.
- When greeting each other, we are primarily utilizing the traditional Japanese bow. We would ask students to refrain from other forms of greeting i.e. handshake, fist pump, hug, etc.
- We continue to clean all training surfaces, equipment and public spaces (regularly).
- All partner work has been suspended for the time being and we have implemented a more traditional Martial Arts non-contact approach, “in your space training.” Training will focus on basics, kata, cardio fitness, strengthening and philosophy.
We would ask you to continue to follow these practices:
- Hand washing is your best defence against the spread of germs.Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water. As a backup, use the antibacterial hand sanitizer on the Dojo counter.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well. In particular, if you have a fever, coughing, sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. If you arrive at the Dojo with symptoms, you may be asked to leave and/or not participate in classes.
- Help us by being vigilant. If you have traveled to any of the countries where there are outbreaks, please follow the guidelines on Health Canada’s website Health Canada Coronavirus Guidelines.
We are committed to making the Dojo a safe and enjoyable place for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact any of the Senior Instructors at the Dojo or forward your questions by email to email@example.com
Your AMA Family