Dear AMA Students and Families!
At AMA, we take your personal health and safety very seriously. You have growing concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and we wanted to put your mind at ease with some of these basic tips to stay healthy in the dojo:
- Hand- washing is your best self defence against the spread of germs. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water upon entering the studio and exiting after class. As a backup, use the antibacterial hand sanitizer on the counter by the dojo entrances.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, are coughing or sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. If a student shows up with symptoms, the staff will politely ask that student to leave.
- Help us by being vigilant. if you have traveled to any of the countries where there are outbreaks of the virus, please follow guidance on the CDC Website. With the likelihood of being exposed in Halton and surrounding areas in the near future please self quarantine as recommended.
Here are additional things we are doing to keep our studio (Lobby/Training Spaces) clean and safe.
- We have advised all staff members to wash their hands before classes start and in-between classes with soap and water for 20 seconds, as well as after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing.
- We have modified our ticket system for students entering the dojo, instead of choosing a hug, high-five or a dance, everyone will bump elbows/forearms as a safer alternative.
- We are frequently washing mats, equipment, countertops, doorknobs, light switches, floors, table tops, telephones, computers, keyboards, bathrooms and every surface top to bottom with disinfectant.
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials, and we will update you as new information becomes available.
We are committed to making our studio a safe and enjoyable place for all. Thank you for being such valued members of our AMA family!
Wishing you all health and wellness!